- Help you consider new ways to travel – locally and beyond
- Help you discover more sustainable means of transport that will probably save you time and money (and maybe improve your health and fitness!)
- Give you practical help to get you started
There is lots of information on this website to get you thinking…
- Would you try another way to travel – but, don’t think you have any other options?
- Would you walk or cycle – but, aren’t sure where to start?
- Would you use the bus – but, don’t know which bus you need, where to catch it or what time it runs?
- Would you consider car-sharing for your commute – but, aren’t sure how it works?
What types of travel?
In short, all types. For example:
- Commuting to work, school or college
- Trips to toddler groups, day clubs or shopping
- Travelling to health appointments or to visit friends and family
How does it work?
Our teams go out into the local community and knock on doors to speak with residents within one month of moving home. Every resident we speak to then recieved:
- A personalised Travel Planning service to answer your travel-related questions
- A Travel Information Pack that contains information specifically for your new development and your individual travel needs
- Access to a range of FREE offers and promotions to help you try new ways of getting around
We have been busy!
Update November 2017 – We are now door knocking at Lyde Green and Thornbury fields
Since the project re-opened in March 2017 we have delivered 3 discover Nature Walks with local expert Steve England at Lyde Green, Charlton Hayes and Thornbury Fields.
We have revised or created 2 bespoke Travel Information Guides for – Lyde Green and Thornbury Fields.
Previously over 3 years – at Charlton Hayes, Cheswick Village, Hanham Hall, Westerleigh Road and Lyde Green – the Travelwest team have:
- Knocked on over 1,500 doors
- Handed out over 800 Travel Packs
- Provided over 1,000 free additional resources (e.g. timetables, free bus tickets, other travel services)