This change allows construction of the carriageway and footpaths as well as enabling District Heating Main works. Diversions for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians are marked around the site.
This road layout is planned to be in place until February 2019.
We will continue to update our Temple Gate improvement works page with the latest information on road closures and traffic disruption.
You can check whether your rail journey is affected at www.networkrail.co.uk or https://www.gwr.com/travel-updates with further information on the rail upgrades at www.networkrail.co.uk/bristol-upgrades.
In addition to disruption for rail passengers, we expect Bristol’s wider traffic network to be busier than usual. Bristol City Council will be working hard to manage the impact over the next three weeks. This includes ensuring that there are no planned roadworks on bus rail replacement routes.
We expect Bristol’s travel network to be especially busy on the below dates due to events happening in the city:
- 27-Oct – Ashton Gate match (Bristol City v Stoke City)
- 02-Nov – Ashton Gate match (Bristol Bears v Gloucester City)
- 10-Nov – Ashton Gate match ( Bristol City v Preston North End)
- 11-Nov – Remembrance Day Parade and Service (including no trains between Bath Spa and Bristol Temple Meads until 1pm on this date)
- 18-Nov – Ashton Gate match (Bristol Bears v Exeter Chiefs)
If you are travelling by road we recommend you:
- check your journey before you travel
- leave extra time
- consider alternative routes
- Supporters going to Ashton Gate may also want to take advantage of the match day bus services https://www.bristolbearsrugby.com/news/getting-to-the-gate-gloucester/